County Executive Falk Announces Extension of Agriculture Enterprise Grant Application Deadline
April 13, 2006
Lesley Sillaman, Office of the County Executive (608) 267-8823 or cell (608) 669-5606
Madison – Dane County Executive Kathleen Falk today announced the deadline to apply for Dane County’s 2006 Agriculture Enterprise Grants has been extended to June 30, 2006. $60,000 in grant funds for the next cycle is now available.
The grant program helps farmers in Dane County stay profitable by helping them develop and implement business plans that create local food and production-related businesses that improve agricultural profitability.
The intent of the grant program is to provide funding for farmers and food producers to:
· Explore the modernization of existing local food production systems
· Identify new uses and potential markets for existing commodities
· Identify uses and potential markets for new specialty products
· Encourage the development of new value added products and technologies
· Ultimately create a job or jobs related to these business development activities
Grants are available in two separate categories. The first are grants of $1,000 for the successful development of business plans. Up to 15 qualified plans will be accepted for funding. The second category of funding is for full proposals that include completed business plans and create jobs. Applications will be considered by the Agricultural Advisory Council, created by Falk.
For additional information and or grant proposal guidelines please call 608-224-3705. Proposals will be accepted until 4 PM June 30th, 2006.
# # #