7 AM Wednesday Update – Dane County Flooding
August 29, 2018
Stephanie Miller 608-283-1634
United Way 2-1-1 – DAMAGE REPORTING
- As of last night, the United Way’s 2-1-1 reported receiving more than 1483 individual reports of private property damage from Dane County.
- Other agencies are collecting damage assessments, but 2-1-1 reporting is essential. – REPORTING IS AVAILABLE BY PHONE OR ONLINE
Remaining Road Closures & Detours
- CTH KP from Black Earth West to CTH F (OPEN)
- Hwy W (CTH B to East Church Street)
- Hwy 14 bridge west of Black Earth approaches washed out
- CTH J (Old Military Rd to CTH S)
- CTH G (CTH J to Marsh Lane) (Should OPEN later today)
- A Detour has been set up in Sauk County detouring traffic from Hwy 14 to Hwy 60 to Hwy 12.
- A Detour has been set up in Iowa County detouring traffic from Hwy 14 to Hwy 60 to Hwy 12.
The Red Cross Shelter at Madison West High School continues to be open.
Flood Water Health Information
- Treat all floodwaters as contaminated. Stay out of flood and sewage waters.
o Wait until water subsides because there are harmful bacteria and viruses in the water.
· After water and debris has subsided, proper clean-up is important.
o Wear rubber gloves and boots and wear eye protection to prevent contaminating yourself with sewage.
o Wash hands thoroughly and wash clothes separately after finishing clean-up of sewage.
· For resources and more information, visit http://publichealthmdc.com/