COUNTY BOARD MEETINGS IN THE COMING MONTHS
September 08, 2021
County Board Chair Analiese Eicher, (608) 571-6823
As summer ends, and fall begins, Dane County’s budget process gets underway. With that comes several County Board meetings. Additionally this year, the 2021 redistricting process will take place at the same time, resulting in more meetings on the calendar in the coming months.
The County Board is continuing to meet virtually while hybrid meeting procedures are determined and the Delta variant has paused plans for County offices in the City-County Building to reopen.
"The virtual environment does not work well for everyone, those without computers or reliable internet have a harder time accessing meetings. We encourage people who would like to participate in meetings but do not have internet access to use the toll-free numbers on the top of the agendas," said County Board Chair Analiese Eicher.
The Dane County Board will meet on the following dates and times in September, October, and November:
- September 9 at 7:00pm – Regular meeting and at 6:00pm for a Committee of the Whole
- September 13 at 6:00pm – Budget public hearing on departmental budget requests for departments reporting to the following committees: Environment, Agriculture, and Natural Resources; Public Works and Transportation; Zoning and Land Regulation; and Personnel and Finance
- September 14 at 6:00pm – Budget public hearing on departmental budget requests for departments reporting to the following committees: Health and Human Needs, Public Protection and Judiciary, and Executive
- September 23 at 7:00pm – Regular meeting
- October 7 at 7:00pm – Regular meeting
- October 14 at 6:00pm – Public hearing for redistricting
- October 20 at 6:00pm – 2022 Budget public hearing on the County Executive’s proposed budget
- October 21 at 7:00pm – Regular meeting
- November 4 at 7:00pm – Regular meeting
- November 8 at 7:00pm – 2022 Budget deliberations (November 10 and 11 are scheduled dates if budget deliberations extend past the first day)
- November 18 at 7:00pm – Regular meeting
"The Board has a busier than usual few months ahead. We also acknowledge these are busier months for members of the public that would like to participate in meetings," said Eicher.
Members of the public can find information to connect and register to speak/register on an item on the agendas, which are available the Friday before the meeting on the County’s Legislative Information Center.