Restoration Workdays-Walking Iron County Park - 2nd & 4th Tuesday each month
- 07/14/2020 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 07/28/2020 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 08/11/2020 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 08/25/2020 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 09/08/2020 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 09/22/2020 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 10/13/2020 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 10/27/2020 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 11/10/2020 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 11/24/2020 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 12/08/2020 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 12/22/2020 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join us at Walking Iron County Park - Beckman Rd. on every 2nd and 4th Tuesday from 9am-noon throughout the year to restore and enhance Pasque Flower Prairie and adjoining project sites at Walking Iron County Park!
Please RSVP and sign up Here.
This remarkable sand prairie remnant harbors a colorful and diverse collection of native plants, wildlife, and rare prairie invertebrates. A top priority for workdays will include removing invasive species such as spotted knapweed, sweet clover, and sumac but opportunities will arise for other tasks such as collecting native seeds. All tools and training will be provided. Wear long sleeves and pants and bring plenty of drinking water. Thank you for your help to care for the natural areas in our Dane County Parks!
Walking Iron County Park - meet at 6064 Beckman Rd. Mazomanie WI 53560
ContactRhea Stangel-Maier, Dane County Parks Volunteer Coordinator; firstname.lastname@example.org
Categories: Parks, Volunteer