Wellness in Nature
- 09/23/2023 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Join the Friends of Capital Springs and event partners at the beautiful lakefront William G. Lunney Lake Farm County Park for a fall family afternoon focusing on the benefits of nature to physical and mental well-being. Our honored educator and guest is the Ho-Chunk Nation of Wisconsin. Enjoy engaging activities for all interests and ages!
This fall family-friendly event is from 1 - 5 pm.
Picnic Buffet from Cranberry Creek Catering is for sale at 3 pm
$10/adult – age 16,
$5/youth, 5 & under free
Activities start at 1 pm:
- Ho-Chunk Nation of WI Cultural Outreach & Dug-Out Canoe
- Lakeshore Interpretive Hiking Trails with educational signage & nature observation station. 1.2 or .5 mile loop, Friends of Capital Springs Recreation Area
- Canoeing & Fishing, Dane County Parks
- Nature Crafts Table, Friends of Capital Springs Recreation Area
- CPR Demos & Heart Health Games, SSM Health Dean & Foundation for Dane County Parks
- Family Bike Ride at 1:45 pm, Friends of Capital Springs. Paved, 2 miles. Bring your bike if you can; a number of bikes available for use as well!
- Trishaw rides for attendees with mobility issues
- Reading & Flute-playing: The Ho-Chunk Courting Flute at 2:30pm By Bill Quackenbush, Ho-Chunk Nation Tribal Historic Preservation Officer
- Ho-Chunk Nation Drum Music Performance at 3pm
- Featured Speakers, 3:30-5 pm - Dr. Roopa Shah, MD SSM Health: Wellness in Nature & Bill Quackenbush, Ho-Chunk Nation Tribal Historic Preservation Officer: Tribal Healing & Nature
A $5-10 donation is requested to help continue Friends of Capital Springs nature-focused programing. Donate now or at the event. Thank you for your support.
- The Friends of Capital Springs Recreation Area
- Ho-Chunk Nation of Wisconsin
- Dane County Parks
- Foundation for Dane County Parks
- Healthy Parks Healthy You program
- SSM Health
- Dean Health Plan by Medica
- Madison Metropolitan Sewerage District
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- Carlson Black O’Callaghan & Battenberg
If you or your business would like to become an event sponsor, please reach out to Clare Carlson and thank you! Sponsorship supports this and other nature-focused community outreach throughout the year. All sponsors will be included on a poster displayed at the event. Thanks so much.
William G. Lunney Lake Farm County Park shelter 2
4330 Libby Road
Madison, WI 53711
Categories: Festival, Health & Fitness, Parks, Talk or Workshop